TM XDm-40 4.5

• Now, this is a real competitor to take Glocks from the handgun throne.

Real steel version was developed in Croatia, and most of them are still made in Croatia, but being rebranded for the US market as the Springifield XD series. The gun has no revolutionary features, but has all the best features found on all the Glock guns put into one frame, with the lower price.

The Tokyo Marui XD is a long waited addition on the replica market, as the real counterpart is getting more and more popular over the world. As expected, the price is a bit higher than other companies GBB hanguns, but this replica certainly is worth every dollar spent on it.

The packing is well made, preventing any damage or loosing parts if it's handleld roughly and is covered with nice graphical top cover.

The package contains:
    - replica
    - magazine
    - bb sampler bag
    - plastic cleaning rod
    - pin removal tool
    - mag spring sliders
    - additional grip covers
    - regular paperwork

The body is completely built from ABS plastics, and so is the frame. Some take this as a minus, but compared to my KSC Glock 17, the weight almost the same and so is the recoil kick. And as always, you can wait a bit until someone starts producing the aftermarket metal parts for this gun. The replica is robust, and does not feel like it will get wobbly or wear easily. Most of the parts are holding together by the use of pins.

A nice addition to the package are two additional grip covers, so in total you have three. They are all in different sizes, so you can customize the grip to fit perfectly in your hand.

The markings are correct and nicely engraved on the gun. As usual, TM marked the gun with serial numbers located on the slide, bolt and the lower front part, on one of the safety brakes.

Taking the gun apart was also simulated, and is achieved by turning the takedown latch CW by 90 degrees, and pulling the slide back and then front. After the insides were revealed, we could see the new hopup system, that is easily tuned by your fingers, using a nice and solid wheel. No tools are required, but the slide has to be taken off to reach the wheel.

Everything is well oiled, and the internals are generally nicely done.
    The inner barrel is 99 mm long, with a 6.03 inner diameter, and that should be more than enough for most of users.

Shooting the gun was as expected; nice grouping, nice hopup, and constantly around 230 FPS. As I said earlier, the recoil is awesome even with the ABS slide.

As I had no time to test it myself, here's a video of the gun shooting and grouping shots.

東京マルイ TOKYO MARUI XDM-40 GBB

Most features found on the real counterpart are present here; trigger safety, grip safety and a pin that indicates if the gun is cocked. If you cock the gun, the pin gets out on the back of the slide, and you can visually check the status, or get a tactile input by swiping your thumb over the pin position. The only feature that is not simulated is the indicator found near the bolt, that should tell us if the bullet is in the chamber. The piece of metal is there, but it's not moving.

The mag release button is located on the both sides of the gun, so you can quickly release the mag if you're using it with your left hand.

The mag itself holds 26 BBs, and is a nice replica of the original mag. The load indicator is simulated on the back, but there are obviously no holes on this one. The only negative thing about the mag is the uncovered refill valve, that can easily be covered with dirt if used outside. Other than that, there are no other flaws.

In general, I'm satisfied with the gun, and can't wait to get some other replicas of the XDm series produced. The only negatives are not that bad (plastic slide, uncovered gas refill valve, bullet loaded indicator), so I'll give it an overall rating of 4,5 stars (out of 5).

A warm recommendation if you're a Glock fan and if you would like to try something new.

• Thank you khumche,

That's a really "easy-to-read" review / first look!
    Just a question out of interest: is the difference in colour between lower- and upper receiver due to a different texture or are those two different shades of grey/black...

• Viper ???

I guess the real Springfield XDM 40 features a Steel Slide. Marui did it right to use a different shade of ABS for their slide as they use for the lower frame.

Regards

orb

• Great Review!
    Than ks for that one! :)

Rifles:<br />- VFC AIMS Full Steel - 390fps<br />- VFC AKS-74U DX Full Steel - 410fps<br /><br />Sniper:<br />- CM SVD Dragunov - 550fps<br />- Custom VSR-10 Full PDI/Laylax Upgrade - 500fps<br /><br />Backup:<br />- TM Mk23 Socom

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!